Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Aaron's Birthday: Part 2

cake2 For Aaron's actual birthday, we pretty much just celebrated the whole day. In the morning, I took him for his favorite breakfast at Flo's #2 in Chino. They have the best biscuits and gravy. Much better than I could have made at home, that's for sure. ;) Plus this way I didn't have to clean up before going to work since we did have company coming later that night.

I worked during the day, and Aaron went to help some guys paint at a friend's house who has a baby on the way. It was really quiet in the office, and Alisha basically told me to go home early. So I did, but not until 4:15. :p I came home and it was pretty much a frenzy to bake a cake and get things picked up at home.

carinos

Once the cake was baked and out of the pan, I did the best I could to "gussy-up" and we headed down to Chino to meet the Calocas at their house so we could go to dinner. We had to wait a while for Ashley to get home, and apparently Oscar got stuck at work for a little while, too. Eventually everyone made it to Johnny Carino's, as in, Oscar, Rosanna, Natalie, Ashley, and her friend, Tiffany. The food was great (as usual). That is one of my favorite restaurants, so I was not disappointed at all when Aaron said that was where he wanted to go.

After dinner, we had to rush home a bit because some friends were coming over for cake and ice cream. We got home around 9:15 and the McCool's were here waiting for us and Lori & Ryan were not far away. And leave it to me to be frosting the cake as the guests are coming in, and then leaving to get ice cream while Aaron had to entertain. Such is life.

We had a nice time chatting with everyone, it was small enough that we weren't cramped in our apartment, but there were enough people that the conversation was interesting. ;)

Finally Ryan harassed me into bringing out the cake, and we did the whole shabang - singing and all. Only, at first, when we sang, Aaron accidentally started it himself and he was real awkward about it, so here's a picture of that, too. Then we sang cakea second time to make him feel better. Everyone left around midnight and we were exhausted. But I had planned a day of rest for us on Saturday, so we survived.

Happy 28th, Aaron!

No comments: