Saturday, August 2, 2008

Last Day

Well, it's our last day and I'm pretty sad about it. Normally at the end of a vacation, I'm ready to go home, sleep in my own bed, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to comforts like 2 people in a two bedroom apt instead of 8, a real bed, privacy... but I love this place. It truly is a melting pot, far more diverse than LA. Great public transportation, great food, surprisingly nice people. If it were at all feasible, I could easily move here for a year or two. But, I guess since we become homeowners effective this week, we're anchored. So don't worry, Dad, no cross country moves anytime soon. And I don't think Aaron would go for it either.

I'm going to try to list what we've seen and done this week:
~ Times Square
~ Conan O'Brien Show
~ Today Show (walked by)
~ Rockefeller Center
~ St. Patrick's Cathedral
~ Radio City Music Hall
~ Empire State (not inside, too much $)
~ Statue of Liberty (by way of Staten Island Ferry for FREE)
~ A dive bar and met some local people
~ The Lion King (Kim)
~ Rent (Kim)
~ Spamalot
~ Yankees Game (boys only)
~ Madison Square Garden
~ Greenwich Village
~ Little Italy
~ Flatiron Building
~ The Met
~ The Guggenheim
~ Central Park
including Strawberry Fields and a row boat on one of the lakes
~ Carnegie Hall
~ Wall Street
~ Ground Zero
~ Grand Central Station
~ Coney Island

So I guess you could say it was a full week, and maybe that's why my feet hurt. Next time I'd like to see The Cloisters, more of the Met, get to the top of a building, and see Wicked. Not too much to ask, right? ;)

And we're on what might be our last subway ride if Joe's uncle takes us to the airport tomorrow. Sad. I guess I did kinda get used to it.

No comments: