Monday, October 4, 2010

Eventuality

In just under a month, I will be a stay at home mom. Well, mostly. I'll still work Mondays at Scheu Plumbing, and I have some other opportunities lined up to work from home.

BUT, for the most part, I'm hoping to find lots of ways to save money. Ways to use coupons creatively to get stuff for free or cheap. Homemade Christmas gifts. Homemade... mozarella cheese? Dishwashing detergent? Homegrown zucchini? Tomatoes?  Who knows?

I know some of it is overly ambitious since I have a baby who will soon be a toddler. And then who knows, maybe another baby eventually. But I figure I can aim high and if I miss the bar at least I'll have tried.

It will be fun. It will be rewarding. It will help us get out of debt. If I find a cool creative way to tie it all together and market it, maybe I'll start a blog akin to MoneySavingMom.com.

For now, 4 more weeks of work at Flipside. Then we'll see how things go.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh, Kim! I'm so excited for you. :) I know it'll be hard for Flipside to lose you, but I'm so glad you get to be at home with your kiddo. And I will totally be following your blog, to learn how to save money- the Caloca way!