Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 3

It's hard to believe yesterday was only our second FULL day in NY. But I guess that's partly because we ended up staying out until 1am on our first night here after getting in at 6:15!

Yesterday was mostly spent recovering from Monday night. We started moving towards the city around 3:30pm.

First stop was the little deli/restaurant that Joe's family owns. His aunt insisted we go down there and get some food before going to Manhattan. Then we made our way over to Target for a few necessities before hitting the TKTS booth to get some discounted tickets.

The best option at the booth was Spamalot for $60. The tickets were in Orchestra, but had partial view. We couldn't decide if we wanted to go ahead with them or not, and we ended up going back up to the windows a few times after talking amongst ourselves and trying to figure it out. At first they didn't have any two seats that were together, but by the last time we went up they had just gotten two sets of two tickets, and they were actually pretty close in proximity to each other.

The show was "okay", but just okay. I'm a big Monty Python fan, so I guess I had greater expectations for the show than I should have, but whatever. If I can get these boys to get a move on we can try for $25 tickets for Wicked via the lottery, and my Broadway theatre experience can be redeemed!

I'm off to get ready and to try to wake up three sleepy and cranky guys. And don't think me unreasonable, it's 10:40am and I've been up since 9:30.

No comments: